We spend on a lot of things, but do we make a note of where our money is going?

In this month’s Quick Polls, let’s find out how people feel about managing their money!

Almost 7 in 10 people (68%) we polled keep track of their expenses. This is a prudent practice to avoid over-spending. It also allows us to have an overview of the priorities in our expenditure.

I would rather...

Save my money
Invest my money

Based on 484 people polled as of 28 February 2022

For money that is not spent, slightly more than half (54%) the people we polled would save it and the other half (46%) would invest it.

A recent survey by HappyDot.sg found that on average, Singaporeans generally set aside 28% of their money for savings and 13% for investment.

It is encouraging to know that most Singaporeans take care to both watch what they spend and either set aside funds for a rainy day or stretch their dollar through investments. This will put us in a good position to pursue what we want in life and be prepared for any contingencies. 😊

Enjoy what you’re reading?

Come like our Facebook and Instagram, and subscribe to our Telegram channel if you want more of us or if you’re simply curious to discover more of What Singapore Thinks!