Date of last update: 04/09/2020
Welcome to HappyDot.sg. HappyDot.sg is an online platform focused on understanding social trends and public opinion through conducting online surveys with Singapore residents.
- You can indicate your interest in becoming a HappyDotter either on our website, or in-person with a HappyDot.sg authorised representative. To assess your eligibility and then follow up with you to complete registration, we will collect:
- – Your name as registered in your NRIC
- – Your email address (which will be your ‘Username’ if you become a HappyDotter)
- – Your mobile and/or home phone numbers
- – Your citizenship status (Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident)
- – Your date of birth
- In either case, you will be asked to give your explicit consent to us collecting and using the above personal data to contact you and process your membership registration.
- If you do not complete registration, we will retain your personal data only for so long as is reasonably necessary for us to confirm you are no longer interested in becoming a HappyDotter, and to check for future duplicate or non-eligible registrations. We do not use or disclose it for any other purposes.
- If you appear to be eligible to be a HappyDotter, part of the registration process includes a face-to-face identification check so that we can verify your eligibility to be a HappyDotter. This will be done by:
- – A HappyDot.sg employee or
- – A third party authorised representative engaged under strict conditions of confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-use of personal data about you for any other purpose.
- To enable the verification, we will provide them with the personal data described in section 1.1 and they will:
- – Request to see your pink (Singapore Citizen) or blue (Singapore Permanent Resident) NRIC and
- – Check it against that personal data to verify its correctness and/or make any relevant amendments to ensure your personal data has been captured accurately.
- Neither our employee nor our authorised representative will write down your NRIC number or make any copy of your NRIC. If they are not able to verify your personal data and hence resulting in an incomplete registration, we will retain your personal data only for so long as is reasonably necessary for us to confirm you are no longer interested in being a HappyDotter. If you have received your Welcome Gift but have failed the verification checks conducted, the exception is that we will archive your email address, full name, date of birth, residential number, mobile number and partial postal code for a period of up to 5 years for audit purposes – to check for future duplicate or non-eligible registrations. We do not use or disclose it for any other purposes.
- To complete your registration as a HappyDotter, we do a welcome survey to get some general information about you (such as personal preferences and general demographic/household information). We collect the above information online through a unique survey link emailed to you, or by having our HappyDot.sg authorised representative collect your information in-person through a survey interface on an iPad.
- If at any time you do not wish to answer a question, you may refuse to answer. Please note that refusing to answer certain questions may result in us being unable to send some or any surveys to you, and/or being able to accept you as a HappyDotter.
- Occasionally, we run programmes and promotions where HappyDotters can refer a friend, colleague, family member or other individual to HappyDot.sg. They:
- – Disclose to us the referred individual’s name and email address so that we can contact them and
- – Confirm to us that they have the consent of the referred individual to do so.
- If you are referred to us, we retain this personal data in our database and use it to follow up with you by following the steps described in 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3. If you do not become a HappyDotter, we will retain this personal data only for so long as is reasonably necessary for us to confirm you are not interested in becoming a HappyDotter, and to check for future duplicate or non-eligible registrations. We do not use or disclose it for any other purposes.
- After collection by our authorised representative, we will:
- – Use the demographic information, household information and survey data that you provide to us, together with the personal data referred to in 1.1, to determine which surveys are relevant to you and
- – Use your name and email address and/or your mobile phone number to notify you about such surveys by email and/or SMS, respectively, and to communicate with you about HappyDot.sg activities and news and
- – Otherwise use such information and personal data to make ongoing improvements to your user experience with HappyDot.sg, to manage your HappyPoints and rewards, to update and manage our database, to ensure quality control, to address any queries or technical issues and to analyse and generate research findings and
- – Disclose any of the above personal data only to any third party(ies) that we engage as our vendors to help us operate the HappyDot.sg platform and/or its programmes under strict conditions of confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-use of personal data about you for any other purpose.
- If you provide us with any additional personal data through our ‘Contact Us’ facility, we will use that personal data only for the purpose of responding to your query, will not disclose it to any third party without your consent except for the purposes above, and will cease to retain it within a reasonable time of responding to your query.
- We will establish a profile for you on our HappyDot.sg website, protected by a password that you can change at any time, using the personal data referred to in 1.1. HappyDot.sg takes precautions and conducts checks to ensure the personal data we have collected from you is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please read the HappyDotters’ Terms and Conditions for our membership conduct policy.
- If you wish to update your personal data, you may do so via the “My Profile” page on our HappyDot.sg website. Our authorised representative will contact you to verify the change before it can be effected.
- You may also email us at Enquiry@HappyDot.sg to change or correct your personal data. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before attending to your request.
- In addition, we will send you a regular profile survey at least once each calendar year to confirm your profile information is accurate and up to date.
- Whenever you decide to redeem HappyPoints in your cart and claim a reward, we will ask you to let us know your current mailing address so that rewards vouchers can be mailed to you.
- We will provide under strict conditions of confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-use for any other purpose:
- – Your name, mailing address and/or contact number to our service provider so that they can mail or deliver the reward voucher(s) to you, and only if necessary, other limited data about you that they need to manage our rewards programme processing and disbursement
- – Your name and email address and/or mobile phone number to our service provider to assist us with email and/or SMS blasts and
- – Your personal data or other limited information to our service provider if it is necessary so that they can provide IT or technical support services.
- Otherwise, we will never:
- – Disclose any demographic information, household information or survey data in any way that enables it to be linked with you or
- – Disclose any personal data referred to in 1.1 above, unless we are required to do so by law or disclosure is reasonably necessary for us to protect our legal rights or other legitimate legal interests.
- We will never sell any of your personal data or contact details to anyone.
- Like most websites, HappyDot.sg automatically logs technical and usage data about our site users, such as IP address, browser type, and operating system. This information may be used to address technical issues, improve the experience of website users, and/or enhance our research services.
- Cookies, which are information that is stored on your device when you visit a website, may be used to track your behaviour on the site. Cookies save your passwords and site preferences. By doing so, they may speed up your subsequent browsing on the site and they allow us to provide you with information suited to your browsing habits.
- If you do not wish to accept the cookie, you can modify your browser preferences. To find out how to modify your settings, you can check out the help menu on your browser.
- Participation in HappyDot surveys is voluntary. Any personal information we have collected from you is kept strictly confidential. HappyDotters will not be individually tagged to their survey responses and all data collected from our surveys is analysed as general trends.
- Some of the research on HappyDot.sg may involve analysing the demographic and/or household information that you provide to us during registration or as part of your account profile. In these cases, your personal information is separated from your survey answers and the data de-identified before analysis.
- On giving us reasonable notice, you may at any time withdraw any consent you have given, or are deemed to have given, to us collecting, using or disclosing personal data about you for any purpose. Any notice of withdrawal should be given in writing. To give us any such notice please write to DPO@HappyDot.sg, or go to Contact Us, select “Data Protection” and tell us what consent you wish to withdraw. We will respond to you within 3 working days.
- The consequences of withdrawing consent to us collecting, using or disclosing personal data about you for any purpose may prevent you from being able to participate in any or all of the activities on HappyDot.sg. Therefore, we may require you to provide proof of your identity and we will inform you in writing (which may be by email) of the likely consequences of withdrawing your consent for the specified purpose. In some cases, this may result in the termination of your HappyDot.sg membership and/or account.
- If you still wish to withdraw your consent, we will act on your request and cease collecting, using or disclosing the personal data. We will also cause any and all of our service providers to do the same thing. We will retain our documents containing that personal data only for so long as is reasonably necessary for us to check for future duplicate or non eligible registrations. We do not use or disclose it for any other purposes.
- Withdrawing consent is sometimes called opting out or unsubscribing or ‘UNSUB’:
- – If you wish to unsubscribe from HappyDot.sg’s SMS, please click on the unsubscribe link found in the message.
- – If you wish to unsubscribe from HappyDot.sg’s emails, please log in to your account and under the “My Profile” page and check the corresponding box to unsubscribe.
- – You may also email us at unsubscribe@HappyDot.sg providing your full name (as on your NRIC) and the email address that is your HappyDot.sg username in the body of your email for verification purposes.
- On your request, we will as soon as reasonably possible provide you with personal data about you that is in our possession or under our control and information about the ways in which we have, or may have, used or disclosed it within a year before your request.
- Your request should be made in writing to DPO@HappyDot.sg, or by going to Contact Us, select “Data Protection” and tell us that you want access to your personal data and information about how it may have been used in the previous 12 months. We will respond to you within 3 working days. We may require you to provide proof of your identity.
- With one exception, we will remove your personal data and other information from our records when you cease to be a HappyDotter. The exception is that we will archive your email address, full name, date of birth, residential number, mobile number and partial postal code for a period of up to 5 years after the discontinuation of membership – this is solely for audit purposes (i.e., so that we can check for duplicate or non eligible registrations).
- Your survey responses will be separated from your personal data and other information and only retained in a de-identified format, in accordance with the general practices and guidelines followed by social, public opinion and market research organisations.
HappyDot.sg takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal data and other information that is in our possession or under our control and to protect it against risks such as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Accordingly, HappyDot.sg has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to protect the personal data and other information we collect from HappyDotters, including allowing only necessary and authorised personnel to have access to it.
We reserve the right to review, amend and/or update this data protection policy at any time and from time to time.